As some a few most of you know, I did my OSCE {Observed Structured Clinical Examination} on Monday.
I PASSED!!!
However, I would just like to share with you the moments leading up to and within this practical exam.
- Scrambling to figure out what content we'll be tested on and what content will be left out.
- Stress headaches . . . or as I am now calling them . . . stressaches.
- Chips & Cheesecake. Yep. I'm not proud. One whole month of no sugar or chips down the drain. Hey kids, don't eat junk food while under studying stress. It doesn't help.
- Role playing clinical scenarios.
- Waking up at 4am and wondering why.
- Shaking uncontrollably while attempting to draw up Demerol. Those ampoule openings never seemed so small.
Also a little funny picture of me practicing NG tubes for your viewing pleasure.
I think I missed my nose. And I look a little crazy. I probably was.

2 comments:
Oh, wow... congrats on passing. Looks like you were studying hard for sure. All the hard work certianly paid off. :)
I loved this post. Because of
a) stressaches. That should be a real word.
b) "hey kids, don't eat junk food while under studying stress. It doesn't help." You mean...fuzzy peaches were the reason I couldn't focus on my exam yesterday? Dangit.
c)"However all of that was not in vain..." UNINTENTIONAL HILARIOUS AMAZING PUN? I think so.
And your picture made me smile. :D In summation (did you know that's a real word?) I love you. <3
Post a Comment