A few weeks ago, I did a blog entry about self-esteem and beauty entitled "A More Beautiful You". I felt as if it was a good beginning point on the journey to find health and beauty . . . or to rephrase . . . to live health and beauty. Today, I want to talk about the practicality of the matter.
- Recently, a friend gave me a list of verses that say who we are in Christ. One of them is Ephesians 2:10a which says: "I am God's workmanship." Workmanship means handiwork or artwork. I think it is important that no matter where you are starting on the journey of living in health and beauty, it is important to start with this attitude.
- The second attitude, and I have said this many times before, is health is a lifestyle. I am a firm non-believer in dieting. Last year, I gave up sweets for 6 months, and I remember how incorporated into my lifestyle it become. In those moments, I wasn't dieting. I was living healthily (made-up word).
- The third step is knowing how much health is integrated into all aspects of life. Physical: You can't have health without BOTH activity and eating choices. Emotional: If you are not being poured into AND pouring out, chances are your emotions are unhealthy. Spiritual: I have definitely touched on this one too, but the source of all health is our Creator. I am coming at this from a nursing perspective in which we care for people holistically.
- The final thing is that sometimes you just have to do it. Sometimes you just have to cut out a certain part of your life cold turkey (whether it's a food or a negative influence). Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet (awful phrase) and go for a run. Sometimes (not always or often), you just have to have an extreme action in order to kick-off the reaction. However, extremes have potential to be dangerous so prayerfully consider the step before taking it.
Alright, I am coming down off my soapbox now. I felt it was important to touch on this part of life again, because I feel as if it has been surfacing more and more. In my life, I know that this is something that has come under attack lately, and so I imagine, there are others as well. Health is attainable.
And beauty . . . well, beauty is everywhere and in everyone!
And beauty . . . well, beauty is everywhere and in everyone!
♥Silver
On a fun note, I caught the bouquet in the
impromptu bouquet toss at the wedding last night. Haha.


0 comments:
Post a Comment