I am not completely certain why but Carrie Underwood's music has been really speaking to me today. When I was driving home from work today, "Jesus Take The Wheel" came on Kaos 91.1. Although I wasn't crying, the chorus really challenged me. I feel like this needs to be my attitude in the next few days, but I also feel like this is the only legit attitude to embody. Here are the chorus lyrics:
♫
Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel
♫
(Watch the music video on YouTube) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lydBPm2KRaU
Then, my sister introduced me to her song "Temporary Home". These lyrics inspired me in a different way. Admittance: I did cry during this song. I think I get too caught up in the moment sometime, in my current circumstances. This song challenges me to remember the big picture. Here are the lyrics and the music video link:
♫
This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know
This is my temporary home
♫
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraOiHUltak
Thank you, Carrie Underwood.

0 comments:
Post a Comment