Just got home from the movie theatre, and as you can see from the title, the movie was the fall film starring Julia Roberts - Eat, Pray, Love.
My criticism:
Too much “smorgasbord religion-type-themes”.
Now my favorites:
Just a little clarification for anyone who hasn’t seen the film or know what it’s about. It is the story of a middle aged woman’s travels around the world over the course of one year. She begins in Italy where, I quote, she has “a love affair with food”. The dealing with her past happens in India. And the final destination is … Bali, Indonesia! By far my favourite part of the film.
Seeing those rice fields, the palm trees, rocky/dirty paths, beaches, brought me back to six months ago. I got extremely nostalgic when there was a scene in a marketplace and there was durian fruit and mangosteins being sold (sorry that only 14 of you will get that). Haha, I giggled when one of the characters drank a beverage out of a plastic bag with a straw.
So, I know that it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. But I also know that my dad actually told me to be quiet when I was getting too excited. What can I say? She said “Terima Kasih” and I knew what that meant (Thank You)
0 comments:
Post a Comment