Monday, February 18, 2013

OUAT: Manhattan

Well, it happened! The moment we had all been waiting/hoping for on Once Upon A Time has reached us! Let's talk about the excellent episode of Manhattan! 

  • Best Moment: Well last week {and other preceding weeks}, I was pushing for Neal Cassidy to be none other than Rumplestiltskin's son, Baelfire, which we found out this week, HE WAS! Woohoo, throw a party, because everybody on Once Upon A Time is related {more on that later}. But ya, the best moment of the night was when Emma tackled Neal and then BOOM!
  • Worst Moment: To be honest, I was way more interested in the real world side of things than the fairytale world side of things tonight. The fairytale flashbacks weren't bad, but they were just, meh. Still don't like Milah.
  • Evil Moment: The dynamic trio, Regina-Cora-Hook, spent the whole episode treasuring hunting for Rumplestiltskin's dagger in order to kill all the Charmings and then Regina could be reunited with her "son" {or potential half-nephew}. 
  • Parallel Moments: There were two in this episode. First, Henry and Rumplestiltskin related to each due to the nature of their long lost family members. It was cute to see Henry try to comfort Gold. Then the parallel between Rumple/Bae & Bae/Henry. I predict those father/son relationships will come back to face us time and time again. 
  • August W. Booth Moment: Still only in flashback form, but he delivered the game changing message "I know you're Baelfire". Still waiting for the wooden man to make an appearance on our small screens. 
  • Creepy Moment: The seer. Anybody else think so?
  • Funny Moment: MM and David trying to sort out their twisted family tree. David: "It's a good thing we don't have Thanksgiving in our land, because that dinner would suck." Don't worry, everyone, I made a family tree to clear up confusion {I also threw in Regina potentially being Cora & Rumple's daughter just for the heck of it}.
  • Annoying Moment: Is anyone else just kinda hating on Greg Mendell's character? Stop messing with our lives and taking videos of magic moments!
  • Riveting Moment: The big reveal of Henry being Neal's son. This was played off so well. I barely made any notes because I couldn't take my eyes of the screen. 11 years old :) Good thing Neal is really good with math. It was also cool how eager he was to see his son.
  • Sad Moment: Emma talking about how Neal broke her heart. She really is the victim here, despite lying to Henry. 
  • Cliffhanger: Rumplestiltskin has to kill the boy who will be his undoing. Whups, that's your grandson . . . 
  • Next Episode: In two weeks {due to Oscars, whoop, whoop}, something between Snow & Cora and Hook attacking Mr. Gold.


Happy Monday!


2 comments:

Megan Colwell said... [Reply to comment]

man, I should really check out this show!

http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

Ashley @ ThisUnscriptedLife said... [Reply to comment]

I loved it! Completely blown away! The ending left me shouting at the tv. My husband will occasionally walk in the room while I'm watching this show and ask a question about it. You and I both know any question about what is happening has a long elaborate answer! Thank goodness for being able to pause the tv. I can't wait to see where this information takes the show AND I'm not happy about waiting an extra week to see it =(