Thursday, January 31, 2013

TransAtlantic Fashion #1

Okay, ask me how excited I am for this post! I am hopeful that it will be the first edition of many more to come!
Ready for the background???


I met Janine from Bake, Glue, and Trend! via all the Dressember activities that were going on last month. She and I were both participating in said challenge, and via comments and whatnot, we got acquainted! Well, I absolutely fell in love with her style, her blog, and her descriptions of life activities {plus she's British!}. 

From that, she and I launched TransAtlantic Fashion! The basics are coordinating outfit posts with shout-outs to the other's style! I have had so much fun setting up this post with her, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I have! {Also make sure you check out her darling blog}. Ready to meet her?


Not only is she wearing the ever-popular bauble necklace, but her miniature polka dots dress is warming my heart. Love her choice! Go visit Bake, Glue, and Trend!

And for my outfit of the day!


Believe it or not, that skirt is a sewing project I did last year as a part of my College Girl's Fashion Project. 
Check out the DIY here.

Scarf: Bargain Shop // Shirt: Winners // Skirt: DIY
Tights: Shoppers Drug Mart // Boots: Gift


There you have it! What did you think of the first edition of TransAtlantic Fashion!?!? Make sure to send Janine some love! And have a Happy Thursday!

pleated poppy


9 comments:

Janine said... [Reply to comment]

Yey we did it! Loving your outfit! :) Exciting :)

Janine xx
BakeGlueandTrend
Giveaway Post >>> bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/love-dress-giveaway.html

KatySue Pillsbury said... [Reply to comment]

Super cute as always!

Bella said... [Reply to comment]

Your hair is soo beautiful!!
I never miss my long hair except when I see yours, lol.
This is full of awesome, I am looking forward to future posts on this.

<3

Rachel said... [Reply to comment]

Both of your outfits are adorable! And I think I need more polka dotted dresses in my wardrobe!

www.therandomwritings.com

Ginny said... [Reply to comment]

It's so col that you guys did this. It'll be so great to see you two connected like this monthly :)
Ginny
mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

Charlie said... [Reply to comment]

What a great idea to build a transatlantic friendship! You both look fabulous!!!

Erin Kelly Cannon said... [Reply to comment]

Such a cute idea and great way to build some friendships! Stopping by from Lily Among Thorns!

xoxo
Erin

www.thefashioncanvas.com

Mary said... [Reply to comment]

So cute! I love the skirt...the print rocks!

Perfectly Imperfekt Me, aka Maya D. said... [Reply to comment]

what a great look, your sewing project turned into a real keeper :)

xoxo
Maya D