Wednesday, January 23, 2013

One Hundred Books


In my life, I'm all about the "challenges". I've done wardrobe challenges, photography challenges, eating challenges, and now I'm doing a reading challenge. BBC's 100 Books To Read Before You Die. I've already read 17 of the books on the list, but I made the decision to only count those reads if it's been within the last year {grand total of 1}.

On a related note, some recent reads have been the following:

  • Julie and Julia by Julie Powell - One of the few instances where I prefer the movie over the book. Crazy, I know.
  • The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury - I'm a sucker for Ms. Kingsbury, and this was a sweet and easy Christmas read.
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel - So interesting and so cultured.
  • The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks - Lovely story about Noah & Allie's daughter.
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - I was preparing myself for the film. Excellent read!
  • Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks - Another preparation for the film. This is one of my favourite Nicholas Sparks now {The Lucky One is at the top}.

Wish me luck, and I'll keep you posted!


Happy Wednesday!

Wow Wow Wednesday with This Girls Life


4 comments:

Janine said... [Reply to comment]

You put me to shame with your challenges. I am terrible and can't see most things through (Dressember was easy as I practically live in dresses anyway so I didn't see that as an achievement, more of a bit of fun lol) I need to set myself some challenges I think (watch this space) good luck with the rest of your reading!

Janine xx
BakeGlueandTrend

KatySue Pillsbury said... [Reply to comment]

Hmm, I might have to bookmark this reading challenge to do after I finish my current one! I found a site the lists all of the books that Rory read on Gilmore Girls (one of my very favorite shows!!) and am slowly reading my way through it!

Jonna Eiffert said... [Reply to comment]

I am a total bookworm! I think I will take a peak at that list and make a little challenge myself :) Love that you challenge yourself every day. So cool!
Jonna
Everything but Ordinary

Erin said... [Reply to comment]

I LOVE The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks - I cried and cried and it was such a beautiful story :)