Monday, January 21, 2013

OUAT: In the Name of the Brother

This episodes began at such a fast-pace that I kept getting caught up with what was happening on the screen and had to remind myself to take notes. However, was it an episode worthy to keep us waiting for three weeks until the next one? Let's find out and discuss In the Name of the Brother.
  • Best Moment: As mentioned before, I really liked the opening sequence. Hook gets hit with a car. Belle freaks out. Mr. Gold uses magic. Emma shows up on scene. Hook flirts with Emma {despite broken ribs}. Gold threatens to kill Hook {again}. The Charmings show up on scene. We get our first glance at the mystery guy {boo to not being August W. Booth or Neal Cassidy}.  And cue opening credits. And breathe. It was nice to have an episode where I felt as if everyone was involved.
  • Worst Moment: I'm sorry, but Belle "killing" Chip kinda was my gasp-worthy moment of the night. I mean, how can she/they kill Chip? *Runs off screaming "Oh the humanity"*.
  • Random Moment: I really feel like the hospital is too small for that whole paging system. Can't someone just drop by Dr. Whale's office? And who would have thought it was all OR-equipped-out and what not. Maybe I'm just having a nurse moment.
  • FairyTale Moment: Okay, let's just get this out of the way so we can focus on the better-half-Storybrooke storyline of this episode. Ahem, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Dr. Frankenstein is a FairyTale flashback. Yes, it is always interesting to get a character's backstory, but give me an enchanted forest any day over a black-and-white Victorian era.
  • Confusing Moment: So wait, true love's kiss doesn't work? Or is the question, is Rumple truly in love with Belle?
  • History Moment: Rumple and Cora have history with a capitol H. Anybody sensing a "you-can-have-my-daughter-if-I-can't-guess-your-name" storyline coming on? Seriously though, that was the only thing I knew about the character Rumpelstiltskin before OUAT.
  • Storyline Moment: So has Dr. Whale seriously been just drinking in his office since his arm grew back? Oh, P.S. David explaining that scenario and the fact that Daniel-stein came back to Emma and MM was amusing. But ya, I feel as if Dr. Whale wouldn't have waited until this night to have his breakdown. Oh well, writing and story purposes I suppose. {P.S. At this point, I turn to Brother and go "Ohhhhh, a whale of a tale. I get it now."}
  • Evil Moment: Cora is playing Regina. Yep. I don't trust her. 
  • Flirty Moment: Hook doesn't have his hook, and his ribs are broken, but he still manages to come on to Emma. My girlfriends and I were discussing that he just kind of flirts with anything female no matter what situation he is in. Not complaining.
  • Best Line Moment: Emma to her parents, "Ya, well in the normal world, the sheriff goes in alone. She doesn't bring her parents in with her". Booyah. 
  • Cute Moment: Emma + Henry + David + MM all eating breakfast after pulling a night shift. It gave us a glimpse of what their normal life could be like.
  • Intriguing Moment: So we now know that Rumple's son is on the east coast. Hmmm, I wonder which other character lives on the east coast????
  • Funny Moment: Awkward reference to MM & Dr. Whale's affair. "We were cursed".
  • Cliffhanger: The stranger/Greg Mendell {who just stirs up memories of Timeline and Sweet Home Alabama} first of all lied about texting and driving and then called "Her" to tell her about magic. Seriously, who puts someone down as "Her" in their contacts??? Also we know he's a Star Wars fan. Maybe he's Luke Skywalker. Hey, with the whole world-crossover thing, anything's possible.
  • Next Episode {in three long weeks}: HURLEY IS BACK, and he's less than giant size. Also Rumple & Emma go on a trip. 

Two questions for this week:
  1. What's your take on the Frankenstein storyline?
  2. How long do you think this show is going to take before it just admits what we all know already? That Neal Cassidy is Baelfire.
Happy Monday!


2 comments:

Megan Colwell said... [Reply to comment]

I don't watch this show. But those men look lovely if you catch my drift! Haha. Thanks for sharing.

http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

Janine said... [Reply to comment]

I still haven't seen this. I have just downloaded The Carrie diaries so that needs to be watched first and this can go on my list :)

Janine xx
BakeGlueandTrend