Wednesday, January 02, 2013

I Got Nominated!!!!

My dear friend {met her during the Dressember activities} over at Bake, Glue and Trend! {seriously check out her blog} nominated me for the Liebster Award!


This award is like a chain mail style letter given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers to help promote them.

The Rules
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  • Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for your nominees.
  • Choose 11 people with less than 200 followers and link them in your post.
  • Go back to their page and tell them.
  • No tag backs.
11 Random Facts
  1. I didn't watch Disney movies until I was 16 years old. My first film was Aladdin {still my fav}, and I watched it while babysitting.
  2. I took piano lessons for 12 years and competed on a provincial level. 
  3. I hated anything zombies until The Walking Dead came into our family's life a week ago. Now obsessed.
  4. I refused to go swimming past my knees in the Indian Ocean due to my phobia of sharks. Biggest fear.
  5. Once upon a time, I drove a hippie van spray-painted with the phrase "Make love not war" on the side.
  6. I grew up in a small country town with a total of four traffic lights and walked around barefoot in the summers. 
  7. I am a morning person.
  8. Most people think my sister is older than me. A good thing???
  9. I have been to all 10 provinces in Canada. So privileged to say that!
  10. I have only dyed my hair twice in my entire life. Once blue {don't ask} and then the red it is now.
  11. I fall upstairs more than I fall downstairs.
Questions from Janine

What does the last text you received say?
  • "Night!" From a friend. Sorry nothing interesting.
Look out of your window. Now tell me what you see (even better take a photo to show me).
  • I am currently sitting at my school desk and see a beautiful sunrise and an empty field.

What would your last ever meal on earth be?
  • Pizza. Yep. I could eat pizza forever.
If you had to be locked in a room with a song playing on repeat forever, what song would it be?
  • Oooo, such a good question! This is a tough one, because I {probably like so many} listen to music according to my mood. I love loud, dance music, but I also love chill music. However, staying true to myself, it would probably be a Taylor Swift song. Maybe Long Live?
Would you rather have brains or beauty? And why?
  • Brains. Hands down. Beauty is overrated. Brains last forever and can be used in so many good ways. Beauty fades and is mostly a self-centred thing {I know I'm generalizing}. 
What is your proudest achievement to date?
  • The fact that I made it to my third year of nursing school. Post-secondary education seemed so daunting and long when I first began pondering it. Now I have a year and a half to go.
If you could change just one thing in your life right now instantly, what would it be and why?
  • Ooo, that's a tough one. Especially since we are our own worst critics. I would change my impatience. I want to be more relaxed and low-maintenance in terms of things happening the way I want them to. I'm a bit of a control freak {first-born-child-syndrome}.
What was the last thing you ate?
  • Spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner last night. Speaking of which, I should probably eat breakfast . . .
Comfort or Style?
  • Style. Besides if you do it right, you can have a comfortable style. But ya, I'm a dress and heels girl through and through.
If you could give your 13 year old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
  • Twofold. {A} Going back to my flaw of impatience, I would tell myself that everything will fall into place. {B} Also I would tell myself that I would find my style and personality and I would love it, so don't waste time trying to live up to everyone else's expectations and opinions.
How many pairs of shoes do you own?
  • I had to go count and the final tally is . . . 31!!! Wow, I didn't even know it was that many. That's a lot. Yikes.

11 Questions for My Nominees
  1. What did you get for Christmas this year?
  2. If you could instantly pack up and move somewhere tomorrow, where would that be?
  3. Candy or Chocolate?
  4. What is your favourite song as of right now?
  5. Which reality TV show would you go on? And why?
  6. Do you think Prince William & Kate's baby is a boy or a girl?
  7. Where were you five years ago at this time?
  8. Where do you want to be five years from now?
  9. What is the last thing you pinned on Pinterest?
  10. How long have you been blogging?
  11. What is your life motto?
My Nominees


5 comments:

Janine said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for the link back to my blog. I really enjoyed reading your facts and answers (thanks for doing the photo out of your window, what a beautiful view!)

I can't believe that you first watched Disney at 16 and that you lived in a small country town where you could walk around barefooted, that sounds idyllic.

And get some breakfast eaten ASAP missy!Thanks for doing this with me :)

Janine xx
BakeGlueandTrend

Corinne said... [Reply to comment]

I cannot believe you didn't watch a disney until you were 16! Where have you been?

I am jealous of your pianoing abilities. I am trying to self learn after having many years of keyboard lessons. Do you still play now?

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Corinne said... [Reply to comment]
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Miriam said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks so much for the nomination!! I'll try to make sure and answer them - I have another one I need to do too - I'm a bit slack at getting them done. I love the Reading your questions too - so cool!

Aubree said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for the tag! I will be answering your questions in my post next Tuesday!

-Aubree