Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Change The World

Last night, my sister told me about a friend of hers. She told me vague details but enough about this girl to draw the conclusion that her friend had had a hard and abusive life. She told me that she slept on the streets most nights, and she was currently couch hopping not knowing where she would end up each night. She told me that if this girl had $200 in her wallet, she wouldn't hesitate to give it to the broken, homeless man crying on the street side.

Through all of that, Crystal said the thing that stayed with her the most about this girl was how happy she was. How happy she was. I don't pretend to understand it, but I wish that I could.

Crystal then proceeded to tell me this girl's motto for life. Her friend said, "I want to change the world - one person at a time."

0 comments: