Thursday, November 11, 2010

Just A Few Thoughts on a Sunny November Eleventh...

This morning, I was studying for my Anatomy and Physiology midterm on my balcony. Still in my pajamas, I was in my chair wrapped in a blanket and soaking up the sunlight even though it was -7 degrees outside. At 11:00am, I heard some sort of declaration from across the road at the Keyano College Remembrance Service. To be honest, it sounded like a faint "call to prayer". Then the most amazing thing happened, it sounded as if the Fort McMurray world went silent. This is extremely rare since I live in a traffic heavy and construction zone. However, the world seemed to stop for that one minute of silence. I sat there thinking how unfortunate it was that I can "remember" the Canadians who fought in the war, but I cannot appreciate it. It doesn't have the full impact on me as it would even to one generation back. And that is unfortunate. To be honest, I felt guilty that I didn't get myself into gear and attend the remembrance service. I made a silent promise to myself. It may not ever impact me like it impacted my ancestors, but I don't ever want to forget. I am living in a freer, better world because of so many who never got to see their rewards they fought for.


Thank you.....





.

0 comments: