Sunday, October 31, 2010

Reality TV (My Rant on The Bachelor/Bachelorette)

I really don't understand reality TV. Let me just start by analyzing The Bachelor/Bachelorette. First of all, who in their right mind would audition or apply for a show like this? I mean, obviously a lot of people because there have been a total of twenty seasons between the two shows, but seriously people!?!?!?! First of all, when I fall in love, I would prefer it to a) not be broadcasted for a million and one people and b) not be while competing against 24 other women. WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT THAT? Second, if you agree to a show like that, I'm sorry, but you really get what's coming to you. We all are supposed to feel sorry for certain girls and sympathize with them, but they willingly and knowingly (20 seasons people) put themselves in those situations. "It really hurts that he didn't love me," quotes every woman as she drives away in the limo. It's a competition, baby. No one forced to you to "come here to find, love." Seriously, one review said that these people should be banned from using the word love until the final episode of each season. I thoroughly agree. No, I say all these people should go to counselling to find out what love is. Thirdly, I love how personal and intimate all those one-on-one dates are. Pshh, one-on-one. There is him and her and camera man 1 and camera man 2 and ... oh ya, all the viewers. How would you like your first kiss with your date to be so public????????
Now, I understand what a big hypocrite I am, because as is obvious from the details above, I watch this show, but I still don't understand reality TV.





.

0 comments: