Thursday, October 28, 2010

Revisiting Indonesia (Eat, Pray, Love)

Just got home from the movie theatre, and as you can see from the title, the movie was the fall film starring Julia Roberts - Eat, Pray, Love.
My criticism: 
Too much “smorgasbord religion-type-themes”.
Now my favorites:
Just a little clarification for anyone who hasn’t seen the film or know what it’s about. It is the story of a middle aged woman’s travels around the world over the course of one year. She begins in Italy where, I quote, she has “a love affair with food”. The dealing with her past happens in India. And the final destination is … Bali, Indonesia! By far my favourite part of the film. 
Seeing those rice fields, the palm trees, rocky/dirty paths, beaches, brought me back to six months ago. I got extremely nostalgic when there was a scene in a marketplace and there was durian fruit and mangosteins being sold (sorry that only 14 of you will get that). Haha, I giggled when one of the characters drank a beverage out of a plastic bag with a straw. 
So, I know that it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. But I also know that my dad actually told me to be quiet when I was getting too excited. What can I say? She said “Terima Kasih” and I knew what that meant (Thank You)

0 comments: