Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Five Things {1:30AM Edition}

So what else is a girl to do when she goes to bed at 8:30pm and wakes up full of energy at 1:00am??? Blog!!!! Specifically about her five current things {and cue music: These are a few of my favourite things}.

{1} Back to School! Or as one instructor put it, "Welcome to the downward slide of your third year". The end of the tunnel draws nearer and nearer every day. {P.S. My blogpost Back To School Study Tips has become extremely popular lately. Check it out!}


{2} Reading! Over the holidays, I've had the time to read! Latest checkmarks include The Bridge, Life of Pi, and Julie & Julia. My current book is The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks, and then I'll {finally} be tackling The Great Gatsby {thanks Bella for the loan}. Lots of blogs have resolved to read one book a month in 2013. I like that resolution :)


{3} Settlers of Catan! My siblings and I have literally not stopped playing this boardgame since Sister moved here. We've all got each other's strategies figured out. Brother always builds cities first. Sister always goes for the wheat port. And me? That's one secret I'll never tell. XOXO, Gossip Girl {wow, this is what happens when I blog in the middle of the night}. 


{4} Aaron Tveit! Probably your latest interaction with this actor is his re-enactment of the character Enjolras in Les Miserables. However, did you know his theatre history includes Rent, Wicked, Catch Me if You Can, and even Gossip Girl???? My favourite though is his role in the Broadway show Next to Normal. Incredible story! Celebrity obsession alert!


{5} More chalkboard love! Check out this Christmas present from Brother. I still can't get over how perfectly he picked out his gifts for me. You can never have too much chalkboard.


There you have it. I'm off to try to sleep again. Besides, what is blogging if not a way to pass the wee hours of the night :) Nighty-night and Happy Tuesday!


5 comments:

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said... [Reply to comment]

I have heard so many good things about Settlers of Cattan! I need to try it out! I want to read more in 2013, too. I've read the ones you mentioned except "The Bridge" - I'll look into that one for sure!

Crystal Barter said... [Reply to comment]

ANY opportunity to show all your development cards in that game eh :P love this blog silver and being a part of your life again! :) muah

KatySue Pillsbury said... [Reply to comment]

I LOVE Settlers! My sister got it for Christmas and we've played it tons! =)
Julia and Julia was a good book, it makes me sad that Julia Child's wouldn't meet the other Julia!

Janine said... [Reply to comment]

I really liked this post :) hope you managed to get back to sleep after this though? I like how you seem to have a lot of family time (playing board games etc) I don't get much of that as my family live miles and miles (and whole continents) apart so it is hard.

Hope your Tuesday is going well?

Janine xx
BakeGlueandTrend

Bella said... [Reply to comment]

Settlers is the best game ever! Except I always end up getting too many sheep.
I have read one or two other Nicholas Sparks books and I never really liked them much. Do tell me how the one you're reading is!

<3