Friday, December 21, 2012

12/21 {College Girl's Fashion Project}

So, yesterday's post got me into the creative, sewing mood. Therefore, I decided to revisit an older feature of mine - College Girl's Fashion Project. I started this project last year due to the fact that I wasn't getting the maximum wear out of much of my clothing. The idea was to alter and trim and fix and add to various items in order to get more wear out of them and {bonus} save money {any college student's goal}.

12/21a 

I absolutely fell in love with this dress from the moment I saw it. However due to the downfalls of online shopping, it didn't fit right in the bodice. Therefore, I decided to take out the sleeves and alter the side seams.

CGFP Denim Dress B&A

It probably didn't take more than two hours of work, and I am pleased as punch with the end result! 

12/21b
Earrings: Gift // Dress: Modcloth/CGFP // Shirt: Forgot // Tights: Joe Fresh

12/21c

Do you have any pleased-as-punch-with-sewed-or-altered-clothing-items stories?


Favorite Frock FridayPhotobucket

Happy Friday!
P.S. Happy End of the World!


4 comments:

KatySue Pillsbury said... [Reply to comment]

Cute!!
I have a few sweaters I've cut up the middle and turned into cardigans that I love, but sadly, most of my refashioning attempts end up in the trash.....

Janine said... [Reply to comment]

I think this dress looks better than before, well done! I haven't done any projects yet but I have one on the go at the moment (just minor changes) but I hope to show the results of it on my blog before Christmas Day (it is the dress I am wearing for Christmas day that I am jazzing up a bit)

Happy End of the World to you too lol

Janine xx
http://bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/

The Golden Girls said... [Reply to comment]

Very cute! Love how you did this! Happy Holidays! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

Suzanne Carillo Style Files said... [Reply to comment]

Great little redesign. Better than having to get rid of a perfectly good piece of clothing.

Bisous
Suzanne