Thursday, November 22, 2012

Mayan Calendar

Photobucket
Sunset through the window on the bus ride to the Youth/Young Adult Advance.

Have you heard that the world is ending??? Because according to the Mayan calendar, you have one month {minus one day} until said phenomenon occurs. 

Yesterday, I conducted an experiment on Facebook {sorry, friends, you didn't know you were signing up for this did ya??}. I posted, "So if the world 'actually' did end on December 21st, what would you do with your last month?" I got a variety of responses.
  • Sister said she hoped everyone still did their Christmas shopping, because if the world didn't end, the stores would be incredibly busy on December 22-24.
  • Kate said she would continue doing what she was doing with more flair {okay, then}.

However, the majority of responses were . . . spend time with loved ones and family.

I guess this is a whole "live like you're dying" post {Kris Allen, anyone??}. My point though is that it doesn't matter if the world ends tomorrow, on December 21st, or in one million years. We all have a responsibility to live each and every day to the fullest, love the people around us, and never take life for granted.



1 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!


[url=http://cheapjordans2013.likesyou.org/]cheap jordans[/url]


[url=http://jordansoutletgc.exteen.com/]jordan shoes[/url]