Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Empty

Brother encouraged me to post more writing on my blog. I admit my style is pictures and not many words.
Today, however, . . . is words.

There are a collections of buildings in our town. They are empty. They have been boarded up and sitting there for at least a year {if not longer}. They were deemed unsafe in the middle of the night. Although there has been a lot of talk as to what is going to happen with the buildings and land, so far, nothing has happened {This is not a rant on our municipality. I happen to really like our municipality. There is a metaphor in this}.

When I walked by the empty apartments today, I was struck with their relativity to life. Sometimes, I stand there . . . empty. Sometimes, I don't fill up with life and let good things happen. Yet at the same time, I don't tear down the bad parts and rebuild. Sometimes, I am just stagnant.

And that's not good. Because I'm not doing anything. I either need to continuously fill myself with the good, pure, and true things of this world. Or I need to tear down the bad, gross, and wrong things and start anew.

I don't ever want to be empty. That's not life. That's not purpose. That's just standing there through every season neither moving nor growing.

In the end, it takes activity in order to avoid being empty.





1 comments:

Bella said... [Reply to comment]

I loved this. Keep writing more! :D