Wednesday, October 17, 2012

OSCEs 101


As some a few most of you know, I did my OSCE {Observed Structured Clinical Examination} on Monday. 

I PASSED!!!

However, I would just like to share with you the moments leading up to and within this practical exam.
  1. Scrambling to figure out what content we'll be tested on and what content will be left out.
  2. Stress headaches . . . or as I am now calling them . . . stressaches.
  3. Chips & Cheesecake. Yep. I'm not proud. One whole month of no sugar or chips down the drain. Hey kids, don't eat junk food while under studying stress. It doesn't help.
  4. Role playing clinical scenarios.
  5. Waking up at 4am and wondering why.
  6. Shaking uncontrollably while attempting to draw up Demerol. Those ampoule openings never seemed so small.
However all of that was not in vain, because there are no more OSCEs . . . EVER! That's right, I just completed my fourth out of four, and I couldn't be happier. I said to a friend yesterday, now I can graduate, haha.

Also a little funny picture of me practicing NG tubes for your viewing pleasure.


I think I missed my nose. And I look a little crazy. I probably was.


2 comments:

Erica said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, wow... congrats on passing. Looks like you were studying hard for sure. All the hard work certianly paid off. :)

Bella said... [Reply to comment]

I loved this post. Because of
a) stressaches. That should be a real word.
b) "hey kids, don't eat junk food while under studying stress. It doesn't help." You mean...fuzzy peaches were the reason I couldn't focus on my exam yesterday? Dangit.
c)"However all of that was not in vain..." UNINTENTIONAL HILARIOUS AMAZING PUN? I think so.

And your picture made me smile. :D In summation (did you know that's a real word?) I love you. <3