Saturday, August 11, 2012

Now What?

Where has the time gone? Three hundred and sixty-five photos have been challenged and taken. Who would have thought?

However, as always, it is time to look to the future. So first of all, I am going to talk about this blog. When I first started it back in October 2010 {yes, it was around back then, and yes, I am a little embarrassed about what went on it}, I had no idea what I was doing or if I even wanted to blog. And then it turned into photography . . . And the rest is history.

Through this past year I have learned so much about blogging. Did you know there is a whole world out there called the blogging community? Neither did I. But there is. And it is awesome. Many people {mostly women} like me or completely different than me are sharing their lives with others. And there are so many ways to do just that. I learned a lot more about what blogging is, and therefore I have had plenty of time to think about which parts I want to incorporate into A Silver Snapshot.

A part of the blogging world is components such as giveaways, link parties, sponsporships, guest posting, and more. I have seriously looked {and yes, prayed} into these components and what they would all entail and have decided that it is not the direction I will be going, at least not in the immediate future. I realize that that could dampen my chances of recognition or promotion, but I am completely at peace about that. I always said right from the beginning that I wanted to blog even if nobody reads it. 

So what will my blog look like? I have been asked that question a few times by my dear friends {which by the way, I am so very grateful for your support through all of this}. Well, to be honest, I am not completely sure. I know of things I want to do for sure and things I could potentially do, but it is all up in the air. Guess you'll just have to continue checking in to find out, eh? Things I know for sure are the following: there will still be photographs {and lots of them}, there will still be lifestyle posts, and there will still be frequent posts {just not every day, or maybe every day, I don't know}.

For now, I am taking a bit of a break shall we say. For about a week, there will not be any original posts. Instead, I will be recapping my favourite pictures from the last year {I know, how long can she cling to the 365 photo challenge}, but hey, it's been a part of my life for a whole year. You can't blame me. 

Thank you so much for going through this journey with me. It has changed me in more ways that anyone can ever know. I have found and discovered so much about myself, love, life, relationships, God, and my future. I am looking forward to much more exploration through A Silver Snapshot, but for now, enjoy the recap!


1 comments:

Bella said... [Reply to comment]

I am so excited for which ever direction your blog takes. You're truly an inspiration!

This was an excellent post.

<3