Wednesday, July 18, 2012

No. 342 - Seven Questions Book Review: "Divergent & Insurgent"


So I started reading this series because I was told that if you liked The Hunger Games then you would enjoy this series. Okay, I get where they were coming from, but these were nowhere near The Hunger Games level. 
Here are my thoughts.

If you could have dinner with one character from the book who would it be?
Probably Four/Tobias. Not sure why, he just seems like an interesting character to talk to.

If you could say something to a character in the book what would it be?
I would tell Tris that she needs to get outside of her head. She keeps making bad, emotional decisions due to her own . . . reasoning.

How would you rewrite the ending?
Well, technically, it hasn't officially ended yet, but I would rewrite all the randomness in the second book. The first one was so put together and everything fell apart in the second.

Favourite part?
All of the stuff in the Dauntless faction at the beginning of Divergent. I found the whole idea of fear simulations so interesting and intriguing.

Worst part?
When Tris keeps lying to Four/Tobias. Why?

What is something new you learned from the book?
Erm . . . that our fears can really hold us back from who we are meant to be, I guess, in a roundabout way.

How you rate/recommend this book?
I would recommend it as a teeny-bopish book, 2.5/5. However, I'm gonna finish reading the series because I want to know what happens.

Grab a button to use these questions for a book you're reading!






0 comments: