Saturday, June 30, 2012

No. 324 - BirthWeek Recap

Haha, so there is an ongoing theory going around our household called the birthweek {started by yours truly}. Basically, one day isn't enough time to celebrate a person's entrance into the world, so why not make a whole week out of it? Or at least, that's what it felt like, because I have awesome people in my life that make me feel special.
Here are some of the highlights of my birthweek!

Tuesday, June 26 @ 12:00am: A friend texts me thinking its my birthday . . . and so the birthweek begins.

Tuesday, June 26 @ 9:00am: A friend sends me a Facebook message thinking she missed my birthday - feeling the love already :)

Tuesday, June 26 @ 7:00pm: I get a parcel from my mom with new high heels for my birthday.

Tuesday, June 26 @ 9:30pm: My roommate takes me to the movie theatre to see Brave.

Wednesday, June 27 @ 9:00am: Birthday wishes from Taiwan; gotta love having YWAM friends!

Wednesday, June 27 @ 10:00pm: This is a funny story. Since I worked the evening on my actual birthday and Brother worked in the day, we decided at the beginning of the week that we would get up early on June 28 and have a family breakfast before Brother goes to work. So I get home from Young Adult's and ask Dad what time we are getting up the next morning. He says, "No that's on Friday that we are doing the breakfast thing". I say, "No, it's Thursday, because it's my birthday." This goes on for a few more minutes until we are both thoroughly confused. We decide that I will get up at 5:00 am the next morning to see what Brother had been planning/thinking.

Thursday, June 28 {My Actual Birthday} @ 12:00am: That same friend who texted me on June 26th texts me again :)

Thursday, June 28 {My Actual Birthday} @ 5:00am: I go chat with Brother about what is going on with the breakfast plans. Here is how the conversation goes on.
  Me: So are we going for breakfast this morning?
  Brother: No that's on Friday.
  Me: Oh . . . okay.
  Brother: Hap . . . no wait, it's the 27th.
  Me: No, it's the 28th.
  Brother: Oh, well happy birthday!
  Me: So do you want to go out for breakfast?
  Brother: No I have to make my lunch and shower. We'll do it tomorrow.
  Me: Ok *goes back to bed*.

Thursday, June 28 {My Actual Birthday} @ 10:00am: Dad makes me the most delicious cake and coffee and gives me a beautiful card and a gift.

Thursday, June 28 {My Actual Birthday} @ 11:00pm: Pizza and screamers with a friend; quality time :)

Friday, June 29 @ 5:30am: The family goes for breakfast at Humpty's. We all laugh over the funny events that transpired to get this breakfast thing off the ground. The birthweek continues.

Friday, June 29 @ 10:00am: The possibility of thunderstorms nixes the beach plans with a friend.

Friday, June 29 @ 12:00pm: That same friend comes over with . . . wait for it . . . CHALKBOARD PAINT . . . and we spend the afternoon watching chic flicks, doing manicures & pedicures, and reading magazines. So wonderful.

Thank you to everyone involved in my birthweek. Thank you for all the Facebook wall posts and texts. Thank you for the presents and cards. Thank you for spending time with me and remembering me. Everything was noted, appreciated, and will be remembered ♥


1 comments: