Saturday, June 16, 2012

No. 310 - Beautiful by Design

A couple of days ago, something really cool happened to me. I got my makeup done by a professional makeup artist. However, it is the story behind it that makes it cool.

My friend, Dianalee, is a makeup artist and has a passion called Beautiful by Design. I say "passion" as opposed to "business" because when talking to her about it that is exactly what it is, her passion. But in her own words, Beautiful by Design is not just about doing makeup for wedding or grads, but it is about sharing the message that all women are beautiful . . . by design. She recently posted on Facebook the following status:

The characterization of a person as “beautiful", is often based on a combination of inner beauty, which includes psychological factors such as personality, intelligence, grace, politeness, charisma, integrity, congruence and elegance, and outer beauty which, is on a subjective basis. When it comes down to it, it's the inward beauty that far outweighs the outer beauty! Don't you think?

What a wonderful message!

Anyways, a few weeks ago I "liked" her Facebook page. She was holding a draw for a free makeup application once she got to 100 "likes", and I WON!!! I knew it was going to be a fun experience, and it was! I got my makeup done for our annual small group girls diva dinner {say that ten times fast}. Pictures of that tomorrow, but for today, check out the makeup preparation and the beautiful woman behind the scenes.





 Dianalee


Before

 After

Love it so much!


Make sure you check out her Facebook page 
and pray for her as she embarks on telling women that they are beautiful by design.

0 comments: