Thursday, May 17, 2012

No. 280 - I Love Me

Don't worry, the title of this post wasn't to "toot my own horn" or tell you all how wonderful I am.
Let me explain.

Everyone person in this world deserves love and respect, but the hardest person to dole this out to is ourselves. It's because we have a front row seat to every screw-up and every mistake. Unfortunately, this paints a very altered perspective of ourselves in terms of value. So basically, we have to get over ourselves in order to value ourselves.

Today, the challenge is to stop looking at yourself through your own eyes and through the world's eyes. 
To quote Prince of Egypt, you must look at yourself through heaven's eyes.

Today, I bought myself flowers. 
This was to appreciate life and to . . . ahem . . . smell the roses.
This was how I looked at myself through heaven's eyes today.


So, what do you say? Want to join the dance?



2 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I really liked this post! The flowers looked nice! And that song is one of my favorites!

Bella said... [Reply to comment]

^agreed.