Sunday, April 29, 2012

No. 262 - Crazy Love Complete


Our Girls Group finally completed Crazy Love by Francis Chan this past Thursday (I've talked about this process here and here). Haha, it's taken us long enough but that's just how we roll. Also, it really allowed time for the material to sink in and (hopefully) manifest itself in my life. Here is some review.
  • I learned about living in the present and concentrating on each day and what God would have me do today.
  • I learned about being a lover, a risk taker, a friend of all, a crazy one, humble, a server, a giver, a sojourner, engrossed, an unguarded one, rooted, dedicated, and a sacrificer.
  • I learned that "We never grow closer to God when we just live life; it takes deliberate pursuit and attentiveness" (pg. 170). 
I highly recommend this book,
but I especially recommend taking time to go through it in order to really mull over what it is saying.

"My suggestion as you think, make decisions, and discern how God would have you live is to ask yourself, 
'Is this the most loving way to do life? Am I loving my neighbour and my God by living where I live, 
by driving what I drive, by talking how I talk?'"
-Francis Chan, Chapter 10: The Crux of the Matter-


0 comments: