Friday, April 27, 2012

No. 260 - A Little Fall of Rain


Eponine: Don't you fret, M'sieur Marius.
I don't feel any pain.
A little fall of rain
Can hardly hurt me now.
You're here, that's all I need to know.
And you will keep me safe.
And you will keep me close.
And rain will make the flowers grow.
Marius: But you will live 'Ponine, dear God above.
If I could close your wounds with words of love.

Les Miserables is one of my favourite theatre productions (that and The Phantom of the Opera). In preparation for the movie coming out in December with Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, and Amanda Seyfried, I have been listening a lot to the soundtrack. I think my favourite song from the play is A Little Fall of Rain sung by Eponine and Marius. Eponine is my favourite character in the play, but also the saddest. Anyways, the rainy weather today reminded me of the song. Here is a cover by Nick Jonas and Samantha Barks (who will be playing Eponine in the movie) at the 25th Anniversary Concert.



2 comments:

Crystal Barter said... [Reply to comment]

i just watched this today, before you posted it..impressive eh :)

Silver said... [Reply to comment]

I'm impressed with Nick Jonas. That kid can sing. He should do more Broadway and stay away from the Jonas Brothers. More people would take him seriously. And I'm really happy with Samantha Barks. She's gonna be awesome in the movie!