Sunday, April 01, 2012

No. 234 - Changes & An Announcement



Alright, everyone, so I know I haven't talked about this to many of you,
but I figured this was the easiest way to get this out there all at once. 

For the past few months, I have been praying in regards to my future and school and money and basically where God wants me. Just over two years ago, God brought me to Fort McMurray to start the nursing program. At that time, I had no idea where I was going beyond nursing, but I packed up, moved here, and began college life. The past two years have been the best of life. I have gained friends, confidence, a deeper relationship with God, and knowledge I never dreamed I could have. However, lately, God has been speaking to me more and more about His plans for the future, and I can now say I have received further direction.

As many of you know, the Bachelor of Science of Nursing program is a four year degree, and Keyano College is affiliated with the University of Alberta. When I graduate, UofA will be the ones who put the stamp on my degree. However, like several programs at Keyano, students have the option of doing the last two years of the program at UofA in Edmonton. Now, believe me, this is something I have wrestled with a lot, but after much thought and prayer, I can say that
I will be transferring to the UofA this fall to complete my last two years of nursing school.

Yikes. That's scary that it's out there now, but also a relief because it's been on my mind for so long.

I have some extended family who recently moved to Edmonton, and they have graciously agreed to let me stay with them as I complete my education. I know this may sound sudden to most of you but . . .

Okay, if you have been reading this long and believe me,

I'm sorry.

Happy April Fools Day!

And you're all stuck with me for at least two more years :P


0 comments: