Monday, March 26, 2012

No. 228 - The Big Questions

Disclaimer: This is not a usual light & fluffy post.

Two things happened this weekend:
  1. Close friends of mine got married.
  2. Close friends of mine lost their father.
It put a new meaning to the word "bittersweet". Needless to say, I have spent a lot of time chatting with the Lord about these two things. Here are the things that I've thought about and discovered.

Let's start with marriage. Marriage is an outward commitment of love. It is not only entering into a covenant with each other, but it is entering into a covenant with God and before family and friends. Now, love is not a human thing. It is not a human norm (human nature=selfishness). To go to the extreme, true love is impossible to achieve. However despite our inabilities to come even close to unconditional love, our Lord has given us numerous chances to try (and mess up). Marriage is one of those chances. He puts us into the closest relationship known to man and helps and guides us to love each other. Why? Well, this blog entry is called questions not answers. So my conclusion to marriage and love is, I will be praying for my two friends who started their journey to love unconditionally.

Alright, now the tough one . . . death. Humanity has tried to explain death since . . . forever. It is unexplainable. It is confusing. It has no pattern or reason. However, one thing I can reason. The reason for the sadness and mourning after death is the loss of a loved one. I don't cry for Mr. R. I cry for his family. I cry because they have just entered into a commitment to continue on in life without the support and presence of their father. Why do they have to continue on? My conclusion is that I will be praying for my friends who started their journey to love without their loved one. 

I wish I had a neat conclusion to wrap up my questions, but I don't.
I can only pray.



0 comments: