Thursday, March 08, 2012

No. 210 - Streaming Reflection & Awkward/Awesome Thursday


The way the sunrise streams in our east-facing windows in the morning warms my heart.
I love the reflections and shadows it makes in our condo.

Anyways, it is a Thursday again which means another round of 

Awkward:
  • I seriously need to write a book entitled Silver's Funny Memoirs of Gym Escapades. This week's awkward moment started when a staff member at the gym approached me with a prose idea they were working on. The idea was fabulous and interesting, but all that was going through my head was . . . "I don't really know you and it's 6:30 in the morning. Can we talk about this at a different time?" Oh, and I broke a bike pedal. Yep.
  • Playing middle man. I was trying to find some skates for Flaxee for the Kaos skate a couple of Sundays ago, and I think I went through 10 different people. But then I forgot to say the skates weren't for me, but for a friend. And then it's all like, well, why are you asking? It was interesting, but no matter, we found skates!
  • Telling my extremely-new-like-we've-only-known-each-other-for-10-minutes nursing instructor that she gave me too much homework. Way to go, Silver.
  • Walking in to get my hair cut for the first time at Chatters. The receptionist sits me down in the waiting area, and my hair stylist walks up to me and without saying a word just kind of holds her hands out towards my chest area. I must have looked super confused because finally she said, "Your coat, please?" Then I awkwardly tried to take it off while she assisted me. 
  • At that same hair appointment, the stylist put a black facecloth over my eyes/forehead when she was washing my hair. This is the first time I have ever had that done so it was a little . . . weird??
Awesome:
  • My brother is officially here! And he's just awesome!
  • I only have 7 more weeks until I am officially finished 2nd year of nursing school and half-way through the program. Woot, woot!
  • I am doing my maternity rotation which means lots of babies and little ones <3.
  • My new hair cut. 
  • Details got figured out regarding transportation and sleeping arrangements for Eric & Liz's wedding which means party in Calgary in two weeks!
  • On more wedding notes, after much stress and creative attempts, I finally figured out my outfits for the two upcoming weddings. You have no idea how much this stuff stresses me out. And it shouldn't. And I continue to pray about it . . . 
  • I played keys on the worship team for The Experience for the first time two weeks ago. It was awesome!




0 comments: