Thursday, February 23, 2012

No. 196 - Awkward & Awesome Thursday


Okay, so it's been a couple of Thursdays since I've done this, so here we go again! 

Awkward:
  • Buying my new faux-glasses (flasses) and then having to explain that no, they are not prescription, and yes, it is just a fashion phase I am going through. For the most part, people understand, but every once in awhile you get the odd person who just kind of looks at me like I have two heads . . .
  • Studying for my exam last week at the Skills Centre, while there was another female student a table over (who I didn't know) who kept staring at me EVERY TIME I MOVED. I kid you not. It was somewhat uncomfortable. I didn't know I was that interesting when I studied.
  • Using the stationary bicycle at the gym last week when a guy came to use the bike beside me wearing the strongest amount of cologne ever. First of all, no one ever needs to wear that amount of cologne, and second of all, no one needs to wear cologne to the gym at 6:30 am. Needless to say, I almost fell off the bike.
  • Dad knowing more of the words in "Waking Up In Vegas" by Katy Perry than I do. 
  • Using the Assisted Chin-Up Machine at the gym and flunking miserably. Use your imagination.
Awesome:
  • Finishing 294! One more course to go before I am done second year. This year is flying by.
  • The last remaining full-serve gas station in Cranbrook, B.C. Weirdest but awesomest feeling ever.
  • Empty Tim Hortons drive-throughs and Roll-up-the-Rim (pictured above). Right now, I'm   0-3.
  • Seeing my hometown, the people in it, and my old house.
  • The Hunger Games (See yesterday's blog post). 
  • Two weeks ago, Glee did a Michael Jackson episode. I've mostly boycotted Glee since their second season just went off the deep end, but their cover of "Smooth Criminal" gave me goosebumps just like in the good ole' days. Mostly it's just the awesome cello playing. Check it out.




Thanks, Sydney, from The Daybook for the Awkward & Awesome Thursday!



0 comments: