Wednesday, February 15, 2012

No. 188 - Two Years


I took this picture in February 2009, which was my very first time coming to Fort McMurray. I stayed for a weekend during this visit, and experienced what would one day be my very precious home.

Then, one year later, after a crazy whirlwind experience involving YWAM, Montana, and Indonesia, I landed back at the same airport with the intentions of calling Fort McMurray my home.

That day was February, 15, 2010 - two years ago. Happy Anniversary! Let me just reiterate some of the highlights of my time here so far.
  • Nursing school. When I came here in 2009 and in 2010, I had no idea how much Keyano and their program would change my life. I can say I am a completely different person because of it. Imagine what I'll be like when I graduate!?!?
  • MGA. Best church ever. I have made some amazing friendships and connections through this church. No matter where I go in life, I will never forget the impact the church, but more importantly, its people have made on me.
  • Family. Since I've been up here, family has taken on a new meaning for me. Before I moved up here, I hadn't lived with dad for four years, so these past two years have been an amazing time for me. Also, as I get older, I grow closer to Crystal and Isaac (who I get to see this weekend!!). I've even developed deeper relationships I never had before with extended family members.
I don't know how long I'll be here, nor does it matter. One thing that I have learned above all is that it is not where you are that makes the difference . . . it's what you do with where you are that makes the difference.

♥ Silver

Read about my one year anniversary here.


0 comments: