Tuesday, January 31, 2012

No. 173 - Bitten


Last night, I dreamt I was on a sandy beach that stretched as far as the eye could see. I was all by myself and the sun was setting. Today, I woke up with the urge to travel. Don't get me wrong, I love being in Fort McMurray, and I know this is where I am supposed to be right now. Every once in awhile though, I get the urge to throw caution to the wind, grab my hiker's backpack, and take to the open world. There is so much I haven't seen yet and long to experience. When I think about it that way, I sometimes wonder if I am wasting precious years in school. But then I remind myself of how young I am. The world is there for my taking. 
And someday,
I'll take it!

What about now?
How 'bout tonight?
Baby, for once let's don't think twice.
Let's take that spin that never ends
that we've been talking about.

What about now?
Why should we wait?
We can chase these dreams
on the interstate.
And be long gone 'fore the world moves on
and makes another round.

What about now?


0 comments: