Thursday, March 24, 2011

Inspiration from Mud


I think what I miss the most about British Columbia is the sheer beauty of nature - the imposing mountains that don't apologize for their size and the abundant, intertwined lakes and forests. But what makes me miss it is the lack of inspiration here in Fort McMurray. The beauty that belongs to Fort McMurray is the people and the opportunities. Those components inspire a creativity of their own; however, sometimes I find myself longing for that encompassing nature to inspire me. To do what exactly, I have no specific preference. I just want to feel that adrenaline rush of an awakening spring morning with the birds tweeting. I miss birds tweeting. The only birds we have here seem to be oversized crows that look like they escaped from the set of a horror film. I miss robins and hummingbirds.

This isn't me complaining. This is simply me looking for inspiration in another form - a different world. Inspiration in an oiltown. Inspiration from mud.

0 comments: