Wednesday, July 04, 2012

No. 328 - DIY Chalkboard Wall

Well, it finally happened! I painted a chalkboard wall in my bedroom,
and I am IN LOVE with it. Lyrics, verses, quotes. The wall is an open book.
Here is the oh, so, simple process, so you can enjoy a chalkboard wall too!

Here is the before picture.
{I had debated between a half wall or full wall, and decided on a full wall because . . . YOLO}.

Painter's tape.

This is the first coat. I did all the edges and around the light switch with a paint brush, and then
everything else with a roller brush. I did two coats and waited approximately 2 hours between the two coats.

Here it is after taking the painter's tape off, but you still have to let it dry through the night before you write on it.

Woke up, and wrote on my beautiful new chalkboard wall! Love it!




First thing to cross off my 23 Before 24 Bucket List!


2 comments:

Fifth N Sixth Closet said... [Reply to comment]

This is a very neat idea!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I love your DIY Project!! Your blog is very interesting, nice job! Please visit me at www.sealed-with-style.com.