Saturday, January 07, 2012

No. 150 - Feelings

Yesterday, I had an epiphany about feelings. Wanna hear it? Okay, here it is.

Feelings are not reliable. 

I know it's not earth-shattering, but I think I needed to remind myself of this truth. For example, I never feel like getting out of bed at 6 am to go to the gym, but that does not mean it isn't good for me. On the other hand, I feel like spending the night on the couch watching TV when I have another two hours of homework to complete. We go deeper with this concept when it comes to God. Often, I don't feel His presence. Does that make me a bad Christian? Am I doing something wrong? Now, don't get me wrong, I believe there is a difference between your "gut feeling" and just "emotional feeling". Your gut feeling (or conscience) will let you know if your relationship with God is in trouble, but as for those emotional feelings,
they aren't as reliable. 

As for my picture, we often hide our logic behind our feelings,
but I believe it is supposed to be the other way around. 


(P.S. The lighting and effects in this picture were by accident, but I happened to like it.)


0 comments: