Friday, December 30, 2011

No. 142 - Brother's Videos



Lil' Intro
My brother and I are very similar in that we both use a form of art to express ourselves. I use my blogging/photography, while Isaac uses his filming. Lately, he's been making weekly, small videos and posting them on his channel on YouTube. I decided to post the weekly links as footnotes in addition to a sidebar example. However, I thought it would be fun to get my brother to tell us a little bit about himself and his hobby/art.
Disclaimer: All the answers are my brothers words. 

Lil' Interview
Describe yourself in 10 words.
Only ten? Oh dear . . Well I shall try my best . .
  1. Tall
  2. Spontaneous
  3. Sarcastic
  4. Caucasian (It is at this moment that Isaac took out the Apples to Apples game and pulled the rest of the descriptions of himself out of that box.)
  5. Risky
  6. Delicious
  7. Unreal
  8. Colourful
  9. Unscrupulous
  10. Dirty
(There you go, that about sums me up . . . )

How did you first start filming?
With a camera . . hahahaha. Ok, but no seriously! Let me think here. I believe the first time I had an idea to film was when I was invited to my sister's (Silver) graduation party thingy. A guy there, who was called Marko, was showing one of his homemade videos. I saw this video and was all, "Dang, dat be perty good." (Apparently, I had an accent.) However, the first time I actually was like, "LETTUCE FILM! IF YOU CARROT ALL YOU WILL FILM WITH ME! . . ." 
Then a few weeks later, I was talking to my average height friend (Tim Ryckman) and proposed the first copy of a script called "Ultimate Termination". It had . . . ninjas, computer hackers, zombies, a boss zombie, teleportation, and a big, bad guy. Needless to say, we filmed it. Of course, some changes where made to the script - we took out the ninja.

What is your favourite project so far?
I honestly have been asked this question so many times! Now, I do not mind this question, but really, why this question? My favourite project . . . . See, I like my recent work, because it is recent; But I also like my older work, because it is . . . old . . . . 
But if I were to sum up my thoughts on my favourite project and had to answer this question with just a few words, I would say this . . . the film we did called "Hot Dawg". If anyone outside the film group was to see this movie, they would go, "WHAT IS THIS!!!" But it makes me laugh and giggle, and it's good fun and embarrassment for whoever starred in it. 

What is your dream project?
You know, my dream project is actually to be able to professionally make Ultimate Termination (the version written after the movie came out . . . the one with a storyline) and to film a sequel to it, ULTIMATE EXTERMINATION. Perhaps even film the third one (which would be a cash cow) - Ultimate Extinction.
But yes, my dream in filming is to film the Ultimate series (no pun intended), because it is still to this day the series that I put the most work into.

What is your favourite part in the filming process?
The talking about the project beforehand. The first and last day of filming. The editing as an entire, and the Kraft services (OH MY GOSH, I LOVE KRAFT SERVICES!). That does not mean that I dislike the rest of it. Those just happen to be my favourite parts!

What is one thing everyone should know (that no one knows) about filming?
That is simple . . . Always have your towel.

Who is your favourite actor and why?
Okay, well my favourite actor is nonexistent. It's more like, who have I seen do an incredible acting job in certain movies, and that would be Tommy Wiseau in the movie . . . The Room (cough, cough). Haha, ya right.
No, I really liked Castaway. It had great actors actor. I also enjoyed Jerry Lewis as improv. And Jim Carey in The Number 23

What is your favourite film and why?
V for Vendetta, for the reasoning of, it is amazing! The acting is not necessarily over the top, but it is well done. The special effects are not over the top, but they are passable. However, the storyline is so deep that it literally takes five or six times watching it to understand everything they put into this movie. I suggest watching it! By the way, you will probably hate it your first time watching it.

TV or movies?
That's a tough one. I think it depends on my mood, but if I were to sum it up with my two favourite characters having a fight to the death, it would be V (from V for Vendetta) vs. Dr. Who.

Any advice for aspiring filmmakers?
A few important things, first of all, I am not getting any money from what I am doing. I am literally doing it for the fun of it, and I could not be having a better time. I have a part-time job and then film on the side. Also, I am just a small YouTube channel, but yet, I can still have fun. Basically, my advice is . . . don't be discouraged if something awesome does not come along right away in your filming career. I have been trying for four years, and yet, I only just started on YouTube. Just give it time, lots of time! Eventually, you will get somewhere, or you will end up getting nowhere . . . but have an awesome story to tell!

Haha, so there is my crazy brother in a nutshell.
You can find his YouTube channel here
Be prepared to see his short films in the future!


1 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

:P That was entertaining. Thanks sista!