Tuesday, November 29, 2011

No. 111 - Father


When I think of Tim Hortons, I think of my Dad. It is definitely his signature drink. You can measure the number of stops between here and Creston (my hometown) by the number of Tim Hortons.

But that is my dad for you. I realized in all my blogging I have not dedicated a post to my father. I have written for Crystal (twice) and for Isaac, but none for Dad. That is weird, considering he is the most influential person in my life.

I think the Tim Hortons metaphor describes my Dad perfectly. Once he finds something he likes, he sticks to it. Loyalty is a good way to describe him. And there is no bigger way he lives out loyalty than to his three children. He is constantly helping us out with our lives whether with advice, encouragement, quality time, or many more ways. All I know is that without him, my life would be so much more difficult.

He celebrated a birthday a couple weeks ago, which sort of went unnoticed (it was the This Is That weekend). So this post is a combination of a "Happy Belated Birthday" and a "Thanks for Everything".

Now off to Tim Hortons to buy a gift card for his stocking . . . :P

0 comments: