Monday, September 19, 2011

No. 41 - Josh & Shawna


Look at what I got in the mail today! Weddings and invitations in general are beautiful, but this one holds a special place in my heart. The first time I met Shawna, she and I had just co-inhabited the same tiny bedroom for our Discipleship Training School at YWAM Montana (along with our third, fabulous roommate Hannah). She and I became fast friends. Actually, I think we shared a workout at the gym on that very first day, swearing to ourselves to stay in shape during YWAM ... lol. My first impression of Josh was that he was the only one who took a bus to the base in Montana (30 hours in fact). Over the next weeks and months, the three of us formed a special bond, only bolstered by the fact that all three of us were going to Indonesia as our outreach destination.

I have two very special memories of our times together. The first many in our school find nostalgic. In the stairwells of our dorm, you would often find Josh along with his guitar belting out lyrical melodies - whether his own or covers. Many a night we would all crowd into the stairwell and just listen and laugh. 
The second memory comes from Indonesia. I can't even remember the full details, just the context, but we played a "what if" game. Usually the questions involved marriage and love...haha, Shawna and I liked that best, but the three of us played it nonetheless.

These two are amazing people, and strong children of God! I am unbelievably happy that they have decided to walk the rest of their respective lives together. I wish them all the blessings and happiness in the world! 

Congratulations, Josh & Shawna!

0 comments: