Monday, May 02, 2011

Motivated By Carrie Underwood

I am not completely certain why but Carrie Underwood's music has been really speaking to me today. When I was driving home from work today, "Jesus Take The Wheel" came on Kaos 91.1. Although I wasn't crying, the chorus really challenged me. I feel like this needs to be my attitude in the next few days, but I also feel like this is the only legit attitude to embody. Here are the chorus lyrics:



Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel


(Watch the music video on YouTube) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lydBPm2KRaU


Then, my sister introduced me to her song "Temporary Home". These lyrics inspired me in a different way. Admittance: I did cry during this song. I think I get too caught up in the moment sometime, in my current circumstances. This song challenges me to remember the big picture. Here are the lyrics and the music video link:



This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know
This is my temporary home


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraOiHUltak



Thank you, Carrie Underwood.





0 comments: