Saturday, January 18, 2014

happy #twenty14


Hello blogosphere! 

Do you know what the most googled topic search in 2013 was? Nelson Mandela. Just thought you might be interested in that {it's a good party conversation starter}. Other top ten Googled topics of 2013 include Paul Walker, Harlem Shake, and the royal baby {top 10 list here}. On the other hand, top fashion trends of 2013 were crop tops {everything returns}, picture/patterned sweaters, and leather {I did not fulfill these fads at all . . . }. Two thousand and thirteen brought us music such as "Royals", "Wrecking Ball", and "Get Lucky". But we are no longer looking back nor recapping the past.

We look forward.

Most bloggers' 2014 posts have come and gone. A good blogger would have planned and scheduled this post for January 1st or at least the 2nd at the latest. But I have a secret to tell you. Ready? Here it is. I boycott resolutions. Wait, let me specifiy. I boycott New Years resolutions. I just don't believe in them. Maybe it makes me a tad cynical, but why can't we do the new-me stuff on March 1st??? Now let me be clear, for anyone and everyone who made New Years resolutions, I wish you all the best! And I truly believe you can succeed. But I think I can believe that and not believe in New Years resolutions at the same time. Can't I {this-is-my-blog-priviliges-card}?

All that being said, 2014 is going to be an awesome year! I have some awesome cooking endeavours planned. I have travel plans that I pray will come true! This is the year that I graduate nursing school which means big changes in that area of life. And I have some exciting plans and changes for this dear blog. Some things will remain the same, and some will be growing and expanding. 

The moral of all of this is that I hope you will take each and every day in 2014 to resolve and to plan and to grow and to take action. I hope that each day you will wake up and decide to eat healthy and exercise. I hope that you will invest in relationships no matter the time of year. I pray that you will have a million meaningful small moments and through that, your 2014 will be filled with the best anyone can ask for.

Happy New Year!

 Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest  Instagram ♥ YouTube 


1 comments:

Rebecca and Lori said... [Reply to comment]

I'm a little anti New Year's resolutions too. I think they've become do cliché and most people don't stick to them anyway, so what's the point?!
Lori