Saturday, November 23, 2013

The One In Which The Girl On Fire Becomes The Mockingjay


Or for those of you non-dedicated fans who didn't get the obvious reference in the title . . . LET'S TALK THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously I went to the opening premiere on Thursday night, and obviously I documented the occasion with pictures!



{Spoilers Ahead}

What a film {already making plans to see it a second time in theatres}! And I said it about the first one, and I will say it again about the second one: the best part of these films is how close they stay to the books. Seriously, it's a book-lover's dream. Here are some thoughts.
  • I loved, loved, loved the introduction and representation of all the new tributes. Finnick was just awesome. Mags was the sweetest and earns MVP. Johanna was a firecracker {cue girl power interview with Ceaser}. 
  • I was little disappointed we didn't get Haymitch's backstory about winning the 50th Quarter Quell, and his genius with the forcefield usage. Oh well. Can't have it all.
  • The arena was exactly how I imagined it would be. 
  • People in my audience laughed with Peeta dropped the "baby" bomb. I wasn't expecting that. I remember that being a pivotal moment in the storyline {speaking of baby bomb, it was kinda never mentioned again the movie as opposed to the book}. 
  • I almost cried three times. Once when Katniss was giving her speech to Rue's family. Second when Mags gave her life for Finnick, Katniss, and Peeta. And third when Katniss left Peeta to go with Johanna to string the wire down to the beach. That's the last time they ever see each other before his brain gets messed with.
  • Overall, it was just all so good! Go see it if you haven't yet!
And may the odds be ever in your favour!


0 comments: