Sunday, November 17, 2013

OUAT: Ariel


Alright, in honour of the fact that there is no new OUAT this weekend {UPDATE: I'VE BEEN FED FALSE INFORMATION, THERE IS OUAT THIS WEEK. THEREFORE IT'LL BE A TRIPLE FEATURE WEEKEND}, I am doing a double recap weekend! Today will be episode 6 "Ariel", and tomorrow will be last week's episode 7 "Dark Hollow". Sorry to ask you to stretch your minds so far back {two weeks is a lot for our generation}. 

In case you can't remember what happened in this episode, here is a synopsis courtesy of OUAT Wiki: "Back in the Fairy Tale Land that was, when Ariel saves Snow White from drowning in the ocean's depths, Snow returns the favor by helping her new friend get acquainted with Prince, Eric, with whom she has fallen madly in love with. Meanwhile, Emma, Mary Margaret, David, and Hook attempt to save Neal, who is imprisoned in one of Pan's encampments, and Regina and Mr. Gold begrudgingly team up to find a way to take down Pan."

Ready?? Let's talk mermaids!
  • Best Moment: I was so very proud of our resident hero, Mr. Hook himself, for fessing up to the Charmings about Neal's status and whereabouts. Last week's cliffhanger showed Pan baiting him with the news, and Hook didn't fall for it. Seriously, Captain Hook is the BEST addition to this show, and this week he gets MVP. 
  • Worst Moment: Ok, so I hinted at my frustration with this whole Ariel episode in my "I Don't Get . . . " blogpost, but REALLY!?!? REALLY!?!? Literally, we have waited for Ariel to show up on our screens ever since episode 2 of this fantastic TV show, and what do we get? Diddly-squat. First of all, she was all grossly-cheesy-true-love-stuff {not the strong female lead we are used to in Snow}. And her story was such a pointless waste of time until the last 5 minutes of the episode. Uh, so if I had to choose to do it all over again, I would definitely not choose to be part of your world. 
  • New Character Moment: Don't get me wrong, I really liked the actress and character and personality of Ariel. I just didn't care for the storyline they gave her. I'm glad she's sticking around our Storybrook/Neverland/FairyBack world though, because I did like her as a character.
  • Lame Moment: Prince Eric. "Let's dance". "I've seen you in a dream". "Let's travel together". Girls, if a guy ever tries this on you, run! Run far away. It's creepy, and not at all appealing. Goodbye, Prince Eric. You don't deserve to kiss the girl.
  • Awesome Moment: Regina impersonating Ursula. It would've been a stretch to have her actually be Ursula, so I am very happy with this random character twists. Seriously, random character twists is what OUAT does best, and this one did not fail. 
  • Secrets Moment: Hook kissed Emma. LOL, loved everyone's reaction to this. Everybody knew but David. Snow wants another baby. Awww, I want this storyline!!!!! David can't leave the island. I'm glad he finally had to fess up to his family about his situation. Emma actually wanted Neal to be dead, because she still loves him. Yep, how's that for twisted intentions???
  • Romance Moment: LET THE LOVE TRIANGLE BEGIN! Which team are you on? I keep going back-and-forth, so I'm no help.
  • Girl Power Moment: Regina revealing to Rumplestiltskin that his Belle vision is really only Pan's shadow. Keeping it real, girl. 
  • Magic Moment: Emma trying to learn magic from Regina. 
  • Cliffhanger: Ariel can swim across worlds, has her voice back, and needs to go to Storybrooke to retrieve a "fate worse than death" for Pan.
  • Next Episode: STORYBROOKE!
Tune in tomorrow for the recap of "Dark Hollow".


0 comments: