Saturday, November 02, 2013

Channeling My Inner Jordan Baker

“And I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy.” 


I've been a fan of The Great Gatsby ever since I read the book, and when the movie came out this past spring, I was sold. I've had so many conversations with friends and family about the story. I think that the geniusness of it all lies in the subtlety. A lot of people went into the movie expecting this flashy, period action film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. But really it was so much more than that. His interpretation of Gatsby from the literature was brilliant and spot-on. And the book's/movie's climax lies within the simple details that all come together. 

Anyways, we had our annual Halloween shindig last night, and who better to go as than the strong Jordan Baker. As much as I love Daisy's character, Jordans is the one who really intrigues me. Plus it's just fun to dress in the 1920s. 



"You can't repeat the past? Why of course you can!"


1 comments:

Alissa said... [Reply to comment]

I know that she isn't always mentioned but I just found her fashion in the Gatsby to be AMAZING! You totally did her justice too!