Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Casual Blogger


I've kind of done it all on this blog. I've done a 365 photo challenge, which is what really kickstarted me into the whole blogger-verse and meant posting a picture on le ole' blog every single day. I've done DIYs, crafts, and renovations. I've done movie, TV, and book reviews. I've done challenges such as Dressember 2012, May 2013 Photo A Day, and Summer Songs. I even participated in one week of Blogtember 2013. And now, it is time for a new season of life.

I had very seriously debated, thought about, yes even prayed about where my "blogging future" was taking me. I wasn't sure if I was ready to quite cold turkey. But I knew I wasn't in a season where every day, every other day, or even three times a week scheduled blog posts were happening. Why you might ask? Well I could spout the various reasons such as a busy schedule with my last year of school, lack of inspiration, blah, blah, blah. But I don't think it's any of that. I've maintained this blog through the busiest and slowest of times. No, I think that there is a season for everything.

And so we enter into a casual season of A Silver Snapshot. Now I know that the #1 blogging tip for a successful blog is regular, consistent content. But a "successful blog" was never the goal of A Silver Snapshot. It was simply a way to document the snapshots and life moments of my life. An online journal, if you will. How long will this season last and what will it look like? I have no idea. All I know is that I am relieving myself of the pressure to be scheduled. And who knows? Once you take away the deadlines, the spontaneity has room to grow!

And so, welcome to a new era of A Silver Snapshot. Welcome to the casual blogger. 

Happy Saturday!


1 comments:

Bella said... [Reply to comment]

I will miss your constant blogging, and look forward to your casual blogging too. You're wonderful <3 Love you