Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Blogtember: Who Am I?


Welcome to day one of Blogtember with Story of My Life! Haven't done a challenge in awhile {haha, just kidding, I just finished Summer Songs on Friday}, but we all know I'm all about the challenges over here at A Silver Snapshot. So, a little intro . . . Blogtember is a 20 day prompted writing challenge that us bloggers will partake in across the blogger-verse. Every day {weekends excluded} will have a topic prompt, which is optional, but I'll definitely be participating. Ya'll ready? Today's topic is:

Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.

So assuming that you don't want the entire life story from birth to present {or if you do and I am assuming than my apologies . . . you know what they say about why you shouldn't assume . . . }. Anyhow, I thought I'd just list off some of the tidbits of who I am. 
  • One of the fun facts of where I come from is that I was homeschooled my entire life. Yep, all 12 grades. Draw whatever stereotypes you may, but the first time I stepped foot in a classroom was my first day of nursing school {four years ago to this day}. Crazy right? 
  • My favourite people in the whole entire world are my siblings. Sister is two years younger than me, and Brother is four years younger. My sister is 100% opposite of me and that makes us best friends. Brother is like a male version of me and has the ability to make you have such a good, fun, laughing time. 
  • I come from a small, hippie town in B.C. {Canadian girl here}, so I definitely have those wild, crazy, spontaneous roots. But a part of me is an old-fashioned, classy girl at heart, so whatever you get when you combine all that is what you get with me.
  • I have never seen Forest Gump {all the way through}, eaten macaroons, listened to Backstreet Boys {on purpose}, and the first time I saw Home Alone was this past Christmas. Yes, I was born in the '80s. Please reference point number one regarding the homeschooling . . . .
  • I think that people my age in Canada should be more involved in politics. Enough said.
  • I am obsessed with the TV show Once Upon A Time, and you'll find me here at this very blog recapping the previous night's episode every Monday morning when the show is airing. Who is ready for season 3 and Peter Pan??????
  • I love God and follow Him.
  • I finally at long last {tried to use an online thesaurus here to make myself witty . . . epic fail} just got TWITTER!!!!! Yay me being all hip with the times. 
  • I am super duper excited to link up with Story of My Life for this #Blogtember experience! So link-up and let's do this!
Happy Tuesday!


4 comments:

Stesha said... [Reply to comment]

I love learning more about you. This blogtember is going to be great! happy Tuesday!

xxS

Allison said... [Reply to comment]

I love Once Upon a Time, too! I am so disappointed I won't be able to watch the next season... my husband and I are moving onto a boat and so we won't be able to catch any tv shows. Also... I've never had macaroons either (although I can hardly believe it myself), and I was homeschooled, but just for a few years in high school. I really enjoyed reading your list!

Angela Wiebe said... [Reply to comment]

I was homeschooled except for grade 8 and grade 12!!

I love Once Upon a Time can not WAIT for it to start!!!

Angela Wiebe said... [Reply to comment]

sorry forgot to add. I love the photo!! Good idea!