Friday, September 06, 2013

Blogtember: Be Very, Very Afraid {Except Not}


First of all, my "fashion" of the day is my nursing uniform scrubs simply because I was in labs all day and didn't want to actually arrange an outfit. Lazy, I know, but such is nursing student/college life . . . . And now for the Blogtember prompt:

A story about a time you were very afraid.

This was actually a very difficult prompt for me. I mean I've been afraid before. Like when I go on rollercoasters. Or when I had to do my IV medication administration practicum test. Or when I've been driving in the middle of a thunderstorm, and I can't see five feet in front of the vehicle. But I'm not certain if I was actually afraid or just nervous and tense???

But ya, I don't get scared very often. And I think it's because I try not to put myself into potentially scary situations. Some might call this "afraid of risking", which may be true in a sense. But it's just who I am. I don't watch horror movies. I don't really go out at night into "sketchy" parts of town. I drive defensively and follow the speed limit. And I am a little bit too OCD about location communication within our family. 

Don't get me wrong. Things get at me, and I get nervous quite easily. I start shaking. My mind goes blank. And afterwards I can think of 100 better ways I could have handled the situation. But as for fear, that doesn't happen as often.

So epic fail at the blogtember prompt, and I hope you enjoyed me rambling on about my non-fears. Happy Friday!



0 comments: