Thursday, September 05, 2013

Blogtember: Advice From My Heart To Yours


. . . or at least to those hearts whose persons are attending college, because my advice pertains mainly to my fellow college students out there in the blogger-verse. Ready for the Blogtember prompt of the day?

Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 

I have actually written about this advice before about a year ago. I had written a blogpost with some simple, realistic, and doable Back-To-School Study Tips. And while the majority of the blogpost concentrated on the actual practical tips themselves, my final tip encompassed some wonderful advice that I received from Sister. And here it is:

"When you study, study hard. When you eat, concentrate just on eating. When you exercise, exercise hard. Then, when you rest, rest hard."

This was in regards to my school/study/daily/life schedule, but I have found that it can apply to so much more than that. Basically whatever you are doing, apply yourself fully to that task at hand and perform it to the best of your abilities. Even things like relaxing. So often our relaxation time is cut short due to tasks and timelines. But that defeats the purpose of relaxing and actually results in poorer performances when working. So whatever you are doing . . . blogging, conversing with friends, going for that morning jog . . . do it hard and then move on to the next thing.

Happy Thursday!



1 comments:

Kari P said... [Reply to comment]

I especially like the rest hard part :). In all seriousness, I really like this quote. It's all about being in the present moment. Nice post!

Kari | Lipstick Stains & Coffee Cups