Wednesday, August 07, 2013

DIY Stethoscope Cover & Summer Songs


My nursing class and I are sewing stethoscope covers to fundraise for our graduation next year. They are actually fairly simple to make, and I thought I'd include the DIY instructions {along with an awesome summer song to include on a sewing playlist}.

Supplies
  • Sewing Machine
  • Iron
  • Stethoscope
  • Scissors
  • Thread
  • Needles
  • Measuring Tape
  • Material {minimum/optimum measurements: 25" x 6"}
Instructions
  • Cut material to minimum/optimum measurements {25" x 6"}.
  • Zigzag stitch around the outside.
  • Hem the two edges approximately 1/2".
  • Sew the sides together {right side on the inside} leaving 2" open at one end.
  • Hem the 2" opening on either side.
  • Turn right side out.
  • Hand sew a snap to the end with the open seam to fit over the curve of the stethoscope.
  • Wear fashionably :)
I have gotten pretty fast at making these so have fun and feel free to experiment.

As for the Summer Song I promised, listening to Miranda Lambert's "Mama's Broken Heart" is a surefire way to get some gumption in your creative fingers. Happy Wednesday!



0 comments: