Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Summer Songs: "Where Are We Going/Oh I Don't Know"


Have you ever watched a toddler or little child run around? One thing that has stood out to me is that usually they run while looking behind them. Usually this results in crashing into the nearest wall or human or toy that is directly in their path. But then again, it doesn't matter, because they just bounce right back and keep on running. Where are they running? Usually nowhere. So they just run.

That's what I feel like today. I feel like a little toddler. I feel like I am running around. I have some semblance of what the future will hold {or I hope that it holds}, but truth be told, I really have no idea where I am going. I think the question I get asked the most is what my plans are after I finish school. I don't resent that question. The fact that people ask it show that they take an interest in my life, and for that I am thankful. Most days I'm okay with giving the generic "I don't know." But somedays .  . . today . . . I wish I had an answer.

Then there is the looking back while the toddlers run. I have a tendency to do that. I tend to base my future on what happened in the past. Now, I do believe that the past influences the future, but I don't believe it dictates it. Thoughts??? Because when I focus my eyes behind me and on my past, I tend to crash into something. But there is a lesson to be learned from the little ones this morning, when we crash, we need to pick ourselves back up and keep running. But that is not the focus of this blogpost.

The lyrics of the song Pioneer by "The Band Perry" has been going over and over in my head ever since I bought their album this past weekend. This is the most beautiful song in that lineup and with quite a different style to the rest of their music. The chorus starts off with the lyrics I included in this blogpost title, but it ends with the following words: "Oh I don't care/All I know is I'll go anywhere/Pioneer." I am beginning to adopt that motto for my life. I don't know where I am going, but I know it could be anywhere.

So even though I have no answers today. I am continuing to run. I am a pioneer.


Happy Wednesday!


0 comments: