Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer Songs: "Sing It For The Boys/Sing It For The Girls"


"Everytime that you lose it sing it for the world". 

I am 100% convinced that life would be so much simpler, make so much more sense, and flow much better if it were a musical. Seriously. Think about it. All our problems would be fixed by our songs. All of our communications and confrontations would be solved through a song. All of our feelings would get sorted out in song. And it would all end with everyone loving each other {and possibly dancing with each other}.

Now I understand that I elicited several groans and eye-rolls when I typed the above paragraph. That's okay. But let me take it in a different direction. Music does something to us. I don't know anybody who "doesn't like music". I know people who don't like certain types or genres or artists. But everyone, and I do mean everyone, likes music. People's personalities can be revealed through music. A whole branch of art and talent is made up of music. We probably listen to some form of music every single day. Right!?!? Think about it. It's mind-boggling.

Lately, I've been exploring worship through music. Now, I've attended church my whole life and therefore been exposed to many different kinds of musical worship {if you're not sure what this means and wanna know more, hit me up in the comments or send me an email, asilversnapshot@hotmail.com}. But lately, my path has been my music. My song. Between me and God. And it's been a wonderful path.

I fully believe that music is one of the most beautiful creations. The ability of sounds to flow together so concordantly that our ears are in awe. The ability of words to form such intimate and vast meanings. It's such a beautiful thing. So when used in reverence of the Lord, wow. Amazing. Spectacular. No words. 

This My Chemical Romance song is just about singing out our individual songs for the world to hear. Let your music and song be a reflection to the world of who you are and what you view is beautiful.

Happy Friday!


0 comments: