Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Songs: "Don't Stop Believin'"


So I'll admit. I was a Gleek. Especially for season 1. I made anybody around me watch their cover of Don't Stop Believin' which pretty much changed music history for me {alright I'm being melodramatic, but sometimes it's called for}. I entered into Season 2 with as much gusto as I watch Once Upon A Time, no seriously. But then there was the Britney episode {not a fan}. And a bunch of other stuff happened {basically the only good thing out of Glee after that was Darren Criss, swoon}. I caught a few episodes here and there from that point until now. But through all that, I think we can all admit that season 1 and Don't Stop Believin' was a special moment. 

And now that moment has been snuffed out. Most of you know that Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room. The actor played Finn Hudson, the stereotype jock that found his passion in music. He actually was a Canada boy from Vancouver, so it kinda feels like we lost one of our own. Now, there is actually nothing I can really do, and life goes on. But there is still shock and sadness that accompanies news like that.

I just think we'll never listen to that song again without taking a moment of silence to remember him . . . not just an actor . . . but a person. R.I.P.


Happy Monday!


1 comments:

Erin @ Sweetness Itself said... [Reply to comment]

I loved season 1 of Glee too, and this song was super special. RIP Cory xo

Erin

www.sweetnessitself.com